Monday, June 24, 2013

Review of "Sparkly Green Earrings" by Melanie Shankle

I had not heard of Melanie Shankle or her blog prior to reading 'Sparkly Green Earrings', so this book and her writing style were unfamiliar to me. However, this memoir on motherhood was a breezy, easy read and enjoyable as well.

Here are my thoughts:
I didn't have super intense LOL moments as some of my fellow reviewers have enjoyed, but think that is just personal taste.  Read it - you will probably laugh.  Possibly out loud.
I felt that the chapters were somewhat disconnected - they were all complete in themselves, but the flow was confusing to me.
I did relate to her parenting style;
I enjoyed her tales of friendship with her BFF Gulley and admire their relationship;
She seems like a fun and 'real' person.

I appreciated this book and am glad I read it, *and* I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment