Friday, August 26, 2011

Review of "My Foolish Heart" by Susan May Warren

First of all, let me say that I love Susan May Warren and her books, too. Although I can't say this one was my favorite - I liked it a lot.  It was not my favorite because I kept feeling a little frustrated (although I suppose that was the point) about the constant near misses, the miscommunications, and darn it - people kept eating donuts and not discussing the health issues associated with them.  But I digress (I love donuts. They just don't love me.)  However, I did enjoy much of the humor in this book as well as some of the fun "wink wink" moments woven throughout.
Issy suffers from panic attacks and phobias following the tragic death of her beloved mother.  She works from the security of her home as the host for a radio show called "My Foolish Heart", counseling on love, romance, and sensibility.  Enter Caleb Knight, her new next door neighbor and the new high school football coach.  Through a series of fun events he calls into her show, and chaos ensues......You'll have to read it yourself to find out more.  :)
I fully appreciated the redemptive nature of this story and definitely loved the happy ending - we all have foolish hearts from time to time, and Issy learns that a 'formula' does not always equal God's best.

Visit www.TyndaleRewards.com for more information about the publisher of this and other great books.

No comments:

Post a Comment