Thursday, July 5, 2012

Review of "The Twelfth Imam" by Joel C. Rosenberg

I'm not typically drawn to books set largely in the political arena, but I am so glad I picked this one up.

The Shirazi family escaped Iran in the late 70's, and has lived in the US ever since.  Following the events of September 11, their youngest of three sons, David, is driven by love for a girl named Marseille, and a hate for Osama bin Laden.  He is recruited by the CIA while still in his teens and they begin to put his extreme intelligence and background to use.  Meanwhile, the Twelfth Imam or Mahdi begins to appear, seemingly fulfilling Islamic prophecy.  Nuclear war is at stake, specifically intended to bring about the "End of Days", and many lives hang in the balance.

The author is excellent at building the "backstory" on the characters, and yet we move at such an intense pace.  This was my first time reading anything by Mr. Rosenberg.  It was incredibly intricate and truly, it's a long book - but never slow - and I just couldn't put it down.  I even found myself shushing my family.  :)  I also loved all of the real-life press citations that were used throughout the book.

I've just started book two, I can't wait to see what happens next, and I highly recommend this series!

Visit www.TyndaleRewards.com for more information about the publisher of this and other great books.

No comments:

Post a Comment